Every USA citizen who wants to travel to Argentina must have a valid passport . USA citizens are not required to obtain Visa for visits for the purpose of business or tourism not longer than 90 days. However, it is necessary to pay a fee.
Timeline of the gradual implementation of the Argentina Reciprocity Fee for US Citizens:
- $160 USD for every arrival at Aeroparque in Buenos Aires. Updated on October 31, 2012.
- $160 USD for every arrival at Ezeiza in Buenos Aires. Updated on December 28, 2012
- $160 USD for all points of entry to Argentina (except cruise passengers). Updated on January 7, 2013
- $160 USD for all points of entry to Argentina (including cruise passengers). Updated on June 30, 2013
*At present times, every visitor from US, Canada and Australia must pay the Argentina Entry Fee before arriving to Argentina. This must be paid online because cash payments are no longer accepted at ALL entry points.*
Follow these guidelines that will help you to successfully complete the online purchase of the Argentina Reciprocity Fee for US, Canadian and Australian Citizens:
1. Visit https://www.reciprocityfees.org
2. Fill in the form with your personal details. You can register more applicants as well, and input the requested details from your credit card in the end. The application and all the submitted information will be sent to the Argentina Immigration Office electronically.
3. You will receive the Reciprocity Fee in your e-mail inbox, download it and print it.
4. At the airport simply present the printed ticket at check-in.
5. As soon as you arrive in Argentina, the Immigration officers will scan and validate the Reciprocity Fee ticket and will allow you to enter the country.
If you need to obtain more information regarding the requirements for USA citizens, please visit the the Embassy of Argentina or the State Department website.